- Sharia court sentences 63 year old man to death for rape, infection of minorPosted 21 hours ago
- Mothers of abducted girls vow to return to Sambisa forestPosted 21 hours ago
- Jonathan-Nyako Feud: Northern Elders warn ArewaPosted 22 hours ago
- “Nyako should watch his mouth” – FGPosted 22 hours ago
- CONFAB: Delegates in near fisticuffs over resource control, PresidencyPosted 22 hours ago
- Jonathan commends Buhari over Boko Haram statementPosted 1 day ago
- Nyanya Bomblast And The Fight Against Terrorism In Nigeria By -General Muhammadu Buhari, GCFRPosted 2 days ago
- Dbanj visits Nyanya victims, offsets hospital bills (Photo)Posted 2 days ago
- Why does Boko Haram kidnap girls in Nigeria?Posted 2 days ago
- Revealed: Boko Haram recruits Nigerien youth with N500,000Posted 2 days ago
Professor Nebo Appointed New Power Minister
Former Vice Chancellor of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Prof. Chinedu Nebo has been named as the successor to Barth Nnaji as Minister for Power.
Mr. Kabiru Tanimu Turaki (SAN) takes over as the Minister of Special Duties in the Office of the President.
Nebo, an indigene of Enugu State, was sworn in along Turaki from Kebbi State at the State House in Abuja, on Monday.
In a statement yesterday, Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Anyim Pius Anyim, said:
“His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, has approved the deployment of the two newly appointed ministers as follows: (i)Prof. Chinedu Osita Nebo Hon. Minister of Power.”
“(ii)Mr. Kabiru Tanimu Turaki, SAN Hon. Minister of Special Duties Office of the President.”
“The two Ministers are to resume duties immediately.”
At the swearing in Ceremony, President Goodluck Jonathan charged the newly sworn in ministers to justify their introduction by bringing about changes in their various ministries.
A formal inauguration of the new ministers will take place today at the Federal Executive Council meeting.