- Funsho Williams was strangled to deathPosted 33 mins ago
- FG orders Electricity Firms to stop arbitrary billing of consumersPosted 35 mins ago
- Akwa Ibom man on the run after beheading two relativesPosted 37 mins ago
- Generals greed hampering war against Northern insurgency – SoldiersPosted 39 mins ago
- Northern Insecurity: Jonathan summons Governors, National Security CouncilPosted 20 hours ago
- Kwankwaso likens Presidency to a committee of vulturesPosted 23 hours ago
- Northern Elders blast Jonathan over Kano visitPosted 1 day ago
- Lekki Ikoyi Toll: Lawyer who won decision against Lagos govt attacked by assassinsPosted 1 day ago
- 2015: Jonathan slams Kwankwaso over ‘devil’ remark, praises ShekarauPosted 1 day ago
- Abuja Blast: ‘I was so shocked, I couldn’t even talk’ – JonathanPosted 1 day ago
Professor Nebo Appointed New Power Minister
Former Vice Chancellor of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Prof. Chinedu Nebo has been named as the successor to Barth Nnaji as Minister for Power.
Mr. Kabiru Tanimu Turaki (SAN) takes over as the Minister of Special Duties in the Office of the President.
Nebo, an indigene of Enugu State, was sworn in along Turaki from Kebbi State at the State House in Abuja, on Monday.
In a statement yesterday, Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Anyim Pius Anyim, said:
“His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, has approved the deployment of the two newly appointed ministers as follows: (i)Prof. Chinedu Osita Nebo Hon. Minister of Power.”
“(ii)Mr. Kabiru Tanimu Turaki, SAN Hon. Minister of Special Duties Office of the President.”
“The two Ministers are to resume duties immediately.”
At the swearing in Ceremony, President Goodluck Jonathan charged the newly sworn in ministers to justify their introduction by bringing about changes in their various ministries.
A formal inauguration of the new ministers will take place today at the Federal Executive Council meeting.