- Governor Aliyu says he will stay with PDP and make things workPosted 6 hours ago
- APC faults FG over Boko Haram, demands compensation for victimsPosted 16 hours ago
- ‘Arrest Boko Haram sponsors’ – CAN petitions FGPosted 17 hours ago
- “We understand English more than FG” – ASUU President wants proof of N200 blnPosted 17 hours ago
- Youth Corps member abducted in Oniru, kidnappers demand N10 millionPosted 17 hours ago
- “Iyayi was murdered to destabilize ASUU” – JAFPosted 1 day ago
- Adamu Ciroma wants Northern governors to dialogue with ‘Boko Haram looking people’Posted 1 day ago
- Amaechi is source of his problem – Okonjo IwealaPosted 2 days ago
- FG to pay salary arrears of Lecturers who resume by December 9thPosted 2 days ago
- 2014 Budget Benchmark: Presidency splits House with alleged dollar inducementsPosted 2 days ago
Mourinho’s first Chelsea signing revealed
Roman Abramovich has been told by Jose Mourinho that he must sign German midfielder Sami Khedira in the summer if he wants to convince the Real Madrid boss to return to Chelsea.
There has been plenty of speculation that Mourinho will return to Chelsea in the summer, with current interim manager Rafa Benitez making it clear that he will leave the club at the end of the season.
Mourinho has stated that he would consider a return to one of his former clubs when he leaves Real Madrid and the general consensus is that a move back to west London would be the most likely scenario.
Abramovich may have had a strained relationship with the Portuguese manager towards the end of his spell in charge but it seems Mourinho is now going to test his resolve by making numerous demands over his return.
German newspaper Bild is claiming that Mourinho has already demanded that Chelsea sign Khedira who has been a crucial part of Madrid’s success in recent seasons.
The German international has been an integral member of the first team under Mourinho and helped the club win the La Liga title last season, while he has been equally influential in helping Madrid reach the semi-finals of the Champions League this year.
The Blues are desperate to bring success back to the club and it seems Abramovich may well have to put his personal differences aside in order to convince the proclaimed ‘Special One’ to come back to Stamford Bridge.
Khedira would certainly be a strong acquisition for Chelsea, with the 26-year-old having won the league title in Germany and Spain, while also becoming one of the most important members of the national team under Joachim Loew.