- Niger Delta conflict started when youth went to Abuja and saw bridges on land – Edwin ClarkPosted 11 hours ago
- 2015 elections potential lose-lose situation for Nigeria – BakarePosted 12 hours ago
- Bad network may have caused death of OAU studentPosted 13 hours ago
- ‘You’re hallucinating if you think PDP will win Rivers gubernatorial’ – Amaechi tells JonathanPosted 13 hours ago
- APC accuses PDP of deliberately trying to create IslamophobiaPosted 13 hours ago
- Boko Haram: Defence Minister to engage CIA, Mi5, others to fight ‘Dirty War’Posted 1 day ago
- Panic as President Jonathan evacuated from Jet after it develops technical faultPosted 1 day ago
- Governor Obi leaves Anambra state with N75 billion in coffersPosted 1 day ago
- Governor Chime escapes assassination as cultists try to invade Government HousePosted 1 day ago
- 2015: Governor Aliyu reassures Jonathan of victoryPosted 1 day ago
Mourinho’s first Chelsea signing revealed
Roman Abramovich has been told by Jose Mourinho that he must sign German midfielder Sami Khedira in the summer if he wants to convince the Real Madrid boss to return to Chelsea.
There has been plenty of speculation that Mourinho will return to Chelsea in the summer, with current interim manager Rafa Benitez making it clear that he will leave the club at the end of the season.
Mourinho has stated that he would consider a return to one of his former clubs when he leaves Real Madrid and the general consensus is that a move back to west London would be the most likely scenario.
Abramovich may have had a strained relationship with the Portuguese manager towards the end of his spell in charge but it seems Mourinho is now going to test his resolve by making numerous demands over his return.
German newspaper Bild is claiming that Mourinho has already demanded that Chelsea sign Khedira who has been a crucial part of Madrid’s success in recent seasons.
The German international has been an integral member of the first team under Mourinho and helped the club win the La Liga title last season, while he has been equally influential in helping Madrid reach the semi-finals of the Champions League this year.
The Blues are desperate to bring success back to the club and it seems Abramovich may well have to put his personal differences aside in order to convince the proclaimed ‘Special One’ to come back to Stamford Bridge.
Khedira would certainly be a strong acquisition for Chelsea, with the 26-year-old having won the league title in Germany and Spain, while also becoming one of the most important members of the national team under Joachim Loew.