- Sharia court sentences 63 year old man to death for rape, infection of minorPosted 20 hours ago
- Mothers of abducted girls vow to return to Sambisa forestPosted 21 hours ago
- Jonathan-Nyako Feud: Northern Elders warn ArewaPosted 21 hours ago
- “Nyako should watch his mouth” – FGPosted 22 hours ago
- CONFAB: Delegates in near fisticuffs over resource control, PresidencyPosted 22 hours ago
- Jonathan commends Buhari over Boko Haram statementPosted 1 day ago
- Nyanya Bomblast And The Fight Against Terrorism In Nigeria By -General Muhammadu Buhari, GCFRPosted 2 days ago
- Dbanj visits Nyanya victims, offsets hospital bills (Photo)Posted 2 days ago
- Why does Boko Haram kidnap girls in Nigeria?Posted 2 days ago
- Revealed: Boko Haram recruits Nigerien youth with N500,000Posted 2 days ago
Malaysian Court Sentences Nigerian to Ten Strokes of Cane for Drug Pushing
A Malaysian High Court has sentenced a 27-year-old Nigerian who was caught at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) with about 389.8gm of methamphetamine in his stomach to 18 years imprisonment.
The accused, Francis Ikenna Nwannochie was also ordered to be given 10 strokes of the cane by the presiding judge, Justice Datuk Abdul Alim Abdullah after he pleaded guilty to drug possession.
During the court hearing, Justice Abdullah told the accused that he was lucky to get away with an alternative charge of drug possession instead of the initial drug trafficking charge that carried the death sentence upon conviction.
It was gathered that Nwannochie was detained on Feb 29, 2012 when Custom authorities noticed him walking in a suspicious manner.
However, on March 1, 2012, he was taken to a hospital in Malaysia where an X-ray showed the presence of a foreign lump inside his stomach. The lump was later found to consist of 54 capsules of methamphetamine.