- Niger Delta conflict started when youth went to Abuja and saw bridges on land – Edwin ClarkPosted 8 hours ago
- 2015 elections potential lose-lose situation for Nigeria – BakarePosted 8 hours ago
- Bad network may have caused death of OAU studentPosted 9 hours ago
- ‘You’re hallucinating if you think PDP will win Rivers gubernatorial’ – Amaechi tells JonathanPosted 10 hours ago
- APC accuses PDP of deliberately trying to create IslamophobiaPosted 10 hours ago
- Boko Haram: Defence Minister to engage CIA, Mi5, others to fight ‘Dirty War’Posted 1 day ago
- Panic as President Jonathan evacuated from Jet after it develops technical faultPosted 1 day ago
- Governor Obi leaves Anambra state with N75 billion in coffersPosted 1 day ago
- Governor Chime escapes assassination as cultists try to invade Government HousePosted 1 day ago
- 2015: Governor Aliyu reassures Jonathan of victoryPosted 1 day ago
Lion Attacks Couple Making Love In Bush, Man Escapes, Woman Mauled to Death
A FRISKY woman was mauled to death by a lion as she had sex with her boyfriend in the African bush.
Sharai Mawera was enjoying a passionate moment with her lover when the Big Cat struck.
Sharai’s partner, who has not been identified, ran off in the buff in a bid to raise the alarm.
But local reports say tragic market worker Sharai was killed at the scene in Kariba, northern Zimbabwe.
A friend told My Zimbabwe: “Unfortunately the woman was mauled to death by the lion, but her boyfriend managed to escape.”
The pal said Sharai and her fisherman boyfriend would meet at their favourite beauty spot in the wild.
He said: “The two were romping when the incident occurred. The lion came from behind and roared.
“The guy managed to escape before stopping at a distance where he witnessed his companion being attacked.
Police officers and armed rangers rushed to the scene where they discovered Sharai’s mauled remains.
The source said: “Cops and officers attended the scene and fired a single shot before getting to the spot.
“The woman had already been killed. She had bloody bruises all over her body. Her neck and tummy had been mauled.”
Rangers launched a hunt for the lion following the tragedy, amid concern the same animal may have killed a local man who disappeared at the weekend.
The remains of the victim were found on the outskirts of the town, which lies near the Zambezi river.
Police believe the man, who has not been named, was eaten by a lion as he walked home from a nightclub.
Experts believe the fact Sharai was mauled rather than eaten suggests the same beast was responsible for both attacks – but was not overly hungry.