- ‘We didn’t shun Security Strategy meeting’ – APC GovernorsPosted 4 hours ago
- ‘Stop linking me with Boko Haram’ – Buhari tells PDPPosted 4 hours ago
- Woman accuses Police DPO of sexual assaultPosted 4 hours ago
- APC Governors shun President Jonathan’s security strategy meetingPosted 19 hours ago
- Funsho Williams was strangled to deathPosted 23 hours ago
- FG orders Electricity Firms to stop arbitrary billing of consumersPosted 23 hours ago
- Akwa Ibom man on the run after beheading two relativesPosted 23 hours ago
- Generals greed hampering war against Northern insurgency – SoldiersPosted 23 hours ago
- Northern Insecurity: Jonathan summons Governors, National Security CouncilPosted 2 days ago
- Kwankwaso likens Presidency to a committee of vulturesPosted 2 days ago
Lion Attacks Couple Making Love In Bush, Man Escapes, Woman Mauled to Death
A FRISKY woman was mauled to death by a lion as she had sex with her boyfriend in the African bush.
Sharai Mawera was enjoying a passionate moment with her lover when the Big Cat struck.
Sharai’s partner, who has not been identified, ran off in the buff in a bid to raise the alarm.
But local reports say tragic market worker Sharai was killed at the scene in Kariba, northern Zimbabwe.
A friend told My Zimbabwe: “Unfortunately the woman was mauled to death by the lion, but her boyfriend managed to escape.”
The pal said Sharai and her fisherman boyfriend would meet at their favourite beauty spot in the wild.
He said: “The two were romping when the incident occurred. The lion came from behind and roared.
“The guy managed to escape before stopping at a distance where he witnessed his companion being attacked.
Police officers and armed rangers rushed to the scene where they discovered Sharai’s mauled remains.
The source said: “Cops and officers attended the scene and fired a single shot before getting to the spot.
“The woman had already been killed. She had bloody bruises all over her body. Her neck and tummy had been mauled.”
Rangers launched a hunt for the lion following the tragedy, amid concern the same animal may have killed a local man who disappeared at the weekend.
The remains of the victim were found on the outskirts of the town, which lies near the Zambezi river.
Police believe the man, who has not been named, was eaten by a lion as he walked home from a nightclub.
Experts believe the fact Sharai was mauled rather than eaten suggests the same beast was responsible for both attacks – but was not overly hungry.